Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Heard a rumor that a Booster and Master Cylinder from a Chevy S10 makes a great setup when the Engine Compartment space is tight. Has anyone heard of, or seen this application in a 68'.

Thanks....

Pat

o----o<>

·
Premium Member
3,921 Posts
I haven't seen it, but any booster that bolts directly to the firewall (I don't know if this one does or not) with probably not clear the rocker cover on that side even if using a small block. The factory booster is on a bracket that raises it up out of the way. I can get pics if you haven't seen one. That said, there really is no need for power brakes in an a-body.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks... Just a stupid question, I'm dropping a 440 in her, with 11" Discs (73 Scamp) on the front, and 11" Disc (95 Explorer) on the back. Will non-power brakes have enough clamping force to bring her to a stop?

Thanks Man, you guys are the best!

Pat

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tacfire11 said:
Thanks... Just a stupid question, I'm dropping a 440 in her, with 11" Discs (73 Scamp) on the front, and 11" Disc (95 Explorer) on the back.  Will non-power brakes have enough clamping force to bring her to a stop?

Thanks Man, you guys are the best!

Pat

I'm running manual disc/drum, it stops fine. Much better than four wheel drums.

·
Registered
243 Posts
95 explorer rear, please elaborate?? stock width??

thanks, Dreamin

·
Registered
86 Posts
explorer brakes are a cheap way to put disks on the back of any car or truck.
Ford Motorsports sells a whole kit for about 350 bucks...all you need is to change the housing ends to late style big ford ends, they have a larger 3.15 bearing too.
OH...you need to get some new axles made too.

·
Registered
243 Posts
THANKS AA!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts