Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have chrome drip rails on the dart and I want to remove them to paint the car, but unsure how to do this with out ruining them. Can you shed some light?

·
Registered
364 Posts
They are a snap fit ...at least on my 67 GTS..look at them closley and you will a small ridge or line that snaps over the drip rail. Carefully apply a twisting motion and you'll see how it lets loose..Best to start at the lower front windshield piece. There is a correct side to come loose first by twisting slightly you'll see which way to go ...I belive if I rember right you twist from
bottom to top. One side of trim has more bevel than other the shallow side is what you want off first. Whatever you do don't use a screwdriver..chisel..ice pick etc. all you'll do is ruin the trim...It takes strong fingers and patience, but once you get the first piece loose it goes easy. But if you bend it or just like it ckeaned up and polished ..I can help you out I do Stainless repair and polish on a limited basis..
Maynard

·
Registered
364 Posts
I do some repair and repolishing of stainless trim also aluminum trim.,the aluminum trim is anodized and this must be removed and then reanozided or not dependIng on your own preference and usage. By limited I mean I only do work on one persons trim at a time...So DO NOT SEND ME TRIM UNLESS I TELL YOU TO. cHARGES ARE PER HOUR AND WILL BE DISCUSSED BY PHONE ..CALL ME AT 217-636-7344 CELL 217-341-6243.
Thank You
Maynard

1 - 3 of 3 Posts