Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im located in metro detriot area and need chrome plateing done on my bumpers.
Anyone have any suggestions? BBD

·
Registered
144 Posts
If you don't mind a 2 hour drive to London, Ontario from Detroit - there is a place in London called Midway Plating Bumper and Fender.  Anything I have seen come out of that place is awesome. They will repair and refininsh. Prices are also excellent!
I will be taking my Valiant bumpers there soon to have dents removed and rechromed.  Here's their info:

If you decide to go with them, let me know, I can give you directions to their shop.

Midway Plating Bumper & Fender Ltd. 

284 Adelaide St. S.
LONDON, Ontario
N5Z 3L1

Telephone: (519) 686-7216 
Toll Free Phone: 1(800) 265-5705 
Fax: (519) 686-4904 
Email: [email protected] 

Contact Information

FRANCES ROBINSON 
Title:   President 
Telephone:   (519) 686-7216 
Fax:   (519) 686-4904 

Company Description 

We are mainly suppliers of automobile bumper related parts.
We also recycle bumpers and car parts.
We nickel & chrome plate these and other parts.
We also stock and sell after-market products such as hoods,
doors, fenders, lights, grilles etc.
We sell mainly to bodyshops, jobbers and distributors.
Our main market area is southwestern Ontario.

Country of Ownership:  Canada   
Year Established:  1968 
Exporting:  No   
Primary Industry (NAICS):  332810 - Coating, Engraving, Heat Treating and Allied Activities 
Primary Business Activity:  Manufacturer / Processor / Producer   
Number of Employees:  10   

Product / Service / Licensing

Product Name:  Bumper repairs & plating

Repair, polish and nickel chrome plate metal bumpers and other
auto brightwork.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hows there prices, Now im nitpicking!!!
Isnt a us dollor worth 250 in canada? lol Just kiding.
451 V are you local to Detriot?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I live in St. Thomas, Ontario, 15miles south of London ( 2 hour drive from Detroit). I will find out exact prices for you, I know someone who just had both bumpers done on a Duster. I'll let you know what it cost, I'm not sure if it needed any dent repairs or not but the chrome job is awesome.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I really appreciate it.
Have you ran your car at the Bluewater dragstrip? I hears its really a great strip and that they hold a mopar meet there once a year. Any info on that?

·
Registered
144 Posts
No,I haven't ran it yet, I'm still building the car. Is the Bluewater strip near Windsor/Detroit?.   Sparta (St. Thomas Dragway) is the closest strip to me ( about 10miles away).  Grand Bend Motorplex is the other strip fairly close, it's about a 1 hour drive. There is a Mopar Day at Sparta this year which is usually pretty good. It's been held at Grand Bend the last few years though. The Western Ontaro Mopar Owners Club sponsors it or at least comes and it's always a blast with a good turnout.  Mopar Day at Sparta is Saturday June 17 this year, but i'm not sure about Bluewater - I don't know where it is, but now I'll have to find out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
**(*)I ment GrandBend!
How far along is your project.
Im down to the bumpers and brakes at this point, oh yea and the seats need recovering.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I was able to find out some prices, one bumper was $350 Cdn. I'm not sure how much the other one was. I think that was to fix a couple small dents and rechrome, they tell me it's the best place around. I'm just doing the bodywork on the Valiant now, rebuilt the transmission two weeks ago and the 451 is being built. Where are you going to get your seats recovered? I'm staring to look around for places now...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im going to buy legendary components and have a reputable shop do the install, Id hate to rip the 300.00 covers trying to save a few bucks.
they say the fit from legendary is.. well legendary . lol
I kill myself some times.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just had my bumpers done again for my Dart. I paid $550 the 1st time. Left them wrapped in the protective paper until ready to install.

The front was still bent on the right side and the rear finish was bad. Call th company that did it and guess what, "retired and out of business"

The guy that bought him out said bring it to me and I'll do what I can. ABSOLLUTELY NOTHING after the 10 weeks he told me said come pick it up.

So $550 down the drain ugly bumpers

I took another set of bumpers off my parts cars and sent them out to be rechrome so I could keep the ugly bumpers on until I got the next set done. Had the 4 bumper guards and 2 bumpers straightened and chromed. The body shop had KEYSTONE come and pick them up and when finished they delivered back to his shop.

The chrome quality was beautiful, except where a grinder touched the leading edge of the front bumper before the chromed it and didn't repair it. SO THE BUMPER IS OFF AGAIN AND BACK AT THE CHROMER. They are to do a quick turn around and repair the mark and rechrome. This time on them. total cost about $850.00 ($276 for bumper guards only)

I don't know where all Keystone does business, but I'm satisfied with what I seen except the one small mark.

The owner of the body shop has sent several sets out and all looked great. They were more then willing to take care of my front bumper. Time will tell if it is corrct when I get it back and let's see, the 3dr time for the front bumper.

I have been told of a place in Tennessee that does bumpers but forget the name.

MAKE SURE of the company rep. before doing business I have way too much money in chrome on my 67 Dart that had very little chrome on it. I have had chrome work done at Advanced plating in Nashville, Tenn. They claim to be the best.........NOT IN MT BOOK. NOT HAPPY WITH THE WORK, TIME OR COST. Local guy ruined some of my convertible only parts.

I don't know how anyone gets show quality.....LUCK I GUESS........since know one puts pride into there work......plate it and ship it no matter what it looks like

·
Registered
404 Posts
damn they charge you guys alot for chrome, to rechorme and strighten my front and rear bumpers will run me 400 total

G

·
theres a place off vanborn road, Hajar plating in Romulus MI possibly Wayne. they did my bumpers on my plymouth about 6 years ago and they still look great. i can't find the number but if you call information they should be able to direct you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got a nice rr for my 68 dart gt out of bumper boys out in california . it was like 300.00 plus shipping very nice straight and looks new.. Z

·
Registered
24 Posts
I used an outfit called Better Bumpers in Cleveland, Ohio. They did a great job for me for $400.00.

Bruce

·
Registered
86 Posts
Micro Plating ( formerly Hajar)
30300 Van Born in Wayne
734-718-2953

1 - 17 of 17 Posts