Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can somebody also give me a picture of their brake pedal on a standard car? I'm needing to know how much farther down they are compared to the clutch pedal. Thanks agian for your time.

Lee

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought that the factory way was that the brake pedal sits a little lower down than the clutch. Is this not correct? I do appreciate the pitcure.

Lee

·
Registered
23 Posts
340fyd said:
I thought that the factory way was that the brake pedal sits a little lower down than the clutch.  Is this not correct?  I do appreciate the pitcure.

Lee
On my 66, the clutch & brake pedal have always been the same height off the floor. The brake pedal is way too high for spirited driving, if you ask me. There's no way to heel & toe with the pedals at the stock height. I can't take a photo right now since the m/c & clutch pushrod are out of the car at the moment.

Lee (the other one)
1966 Barracuda, 340, 4 speed

G

·
the clutch pedal has a rubber stop that goes under the lip of the brake/clutch assy. sometimes it gets lost and the mechanic just leaves you with your clutch almost 2" higer than brake pedal. I hate that ! boom[]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts