Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be installing a 400/727 in my 69 Dart. The car had a 225/904 and was a console shift. I would like to convert it to a column shift. I have a column shift column to use and also a column shift linkage set-up for an A-body 340/727. The engine will have TTI headers. Will the 340/727 linkage work as-is or will I have to modify it?

·
Registered
31 Posts
The 340 parts are the same as the BB parts. Since the 340, 383/400, HEMI, and 440 all required the 727 the bracket, z bar and linkages will be the same. The trans bracket and z bar used with a 318/904 is different. Your biggest hurdle will be the throttle pressure brackets and linkages. Be prepared to alter the intake manifold bracket to fit the height of your carburetor or efi body, and same for the length and bends in the carb to top bellcrank rod. The Abody requires the 3 rod upper and lower 2 bellcrank system. Or commit to going with a cable throttle pressure kit. Regardless, the TTI headers will fit perfectly, although they may give you fits getting them in there, and they WILL trap your starter motor so now is a good time to install a new HP mini starter. You will have to cut down the battery cable stud on the mini starter to nut height or it will be in contact with the block when bolted in place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts