Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
shortly ill be getting into brakes on the duster, heres what I have so far: m/cyl is a stock manual double cly, front disc's are mid 70s aust valiant with single cyl calipers, heres the grey area, the rear is a narrowed up 9" with romac floating hubs & romac disc's, my question is what calipers to buy & will my master cyl be compatable with these calipers, id say twin piston calipers will be in order....... your thorts please -o

·
Registered
91 Posts
Whenever fitting larger brakes, you have to balance master cylinder, caliper and wheel cylinder hydraulic sizes.
The majority of Hoppers Stoppers kits require a 1-inch bore master cylinder; larger cars use these as standard. Typically full size Holden’s, Fords and Valiants, with Australian PBR equipment use these from the 60,s to current times, with tandem master cylinders becoming standard in the late 60’s.

I beliave your master cyl will work with twin piston calipers front and single piston caliper back.
I would give hoppers stoppers a call in aus as they really know about brakes and would steer you in the right direction without spending a fortune.

http://www.hoppers.com.au/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts