Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seeing some centre post cars that are no doubt a stronger platform for a strip dart but I prefer the 2 door hardtop with no post between the side windows (driver and rear passenger for example). Is there a difference in the door or the rearquarter panel are behind the door that would not allow it to be converted to a postless car. I assume at least 1 piece of glass (front or rear) would need to be changed and some cutting and a little welding to remove and fix up where the post would be removed but is there anything that would make the job difficult?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
im not saying it cant be done, but no glass from either a hardtop or sedan will fit after you do that. just find a hardtop if you want one. the roof line is cpletely different. post cars, either you love or hate em.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I'd love to have a post car, so much better IMO.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've look at the difference in the doors and post doors could be converted to ht doors with a little work. You would also have to change the glass, I'm pretty sure the skins are the same. That's the easy part, the roof and quarter would be a lot of work.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ed said:
I've look at the difference in the doors and post doors could be converted to ht doors with a little work.  You would also have to change the glass, I'm pretty sure the skins are the same.  That's the easy part, the roof and quarter would be a lot of work.
I'm thinking there is a 3" difference in the wheel base of the POST & HARDTOP

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE

I would say sell the post and buy a hardtop

·
Registered
117 Posts
WildCat said:
I'm thinking there is a 3" difference in the wheel base of the POST & HARDTOP

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE

I would say sell the post and buy a hardtop
I had a pair of 63 valiants, one post, one ht, no difference in wheel base and no difference in the outer door skins. The later post darts (after '66) might have used the shorter wheelbase of the valiant post cars so that could be the difference. But I still believe the doors are the same size.

·
Registered
38 Posts
jamesdart said:
post cars, either you love or hate em.
Gotta agree there I love my Post Car & want another ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts