Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to get some ideas for a good looking custom dash for my ride and want to see what some of you creative types came up with.

So with that, the guidelines:

This is going to be for a total street ride, so Im not really looking at some of the stripped down/race car dashes that, while alot of them look great, a good many look like "hack it to nothing and stick guages in" sort of thing. I'd like to avoid that if possible. I'd like it to look a bit more modern than the plastic-fantastic dash that resides there now, but really dont have alot of ideas beyond that.

so...whatcha got?

thx in advance

CJ

·
Registered
274 Posts
Love my dash :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Super Moderator
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oooh, thats one of the rocky mountain ones HB69DART linked to isnt it?
what make/kind of guages did you put in there. damn thats nice!    :eek:

how bout some others?  maybe a home made or two?  anyone?

·
Registered
274 Posts
I used VDO, speedo, 8 grand tach, oil press (mechanical), water temp, gas and voltmeter. Tach plugs right into the MSD output, speedo is fully electronic and I used a newer mopar speedo sender (threaded right on the old 727). I think the tach was 80 bucks and the speedo 125, the rest was 20 to 30 bucks (approx.). I used the VDO sender for the gas tank that I built to fit in the wheel well, I think the sender was 28 bucks.

·
Super Moderator
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my thoughts exactly. Ive seen a few installed in older rides. some look good, some look really out of place. I suppose it depends on the installation

one of the main things I was hoping to see was exactly what 1DART440 mentioned, an electronic speedometer. the speedo currently in my car doesnt function and rather than work to fix it the idea of a completely different dash setup started running around in my head. Ive yet to look far enough into it to see if its broken or just not hooked up. not sure I care at this point.

great setups folks. definitely leaning towards the white face gauge pack.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hey Capt Jack, those electronic speedos are nice to work with. Just set the number of pulses in 1 mile and you are done. Great for gear changes, different tires and cable routing issues. ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah, Im definitely leaning towards an installation near identical to yours. I think it'd lend itself to what I have in mind almost perfectly.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I have the same panel as 1Dart440. Will be starting on it soon, so I will have some pics. It is only the gauges, and the rest of the panel is smooth. I may cut out for a head unit, not sure yet though...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts