Big Block Dart Forums banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
..ya definitly a alternate route would be to get a set of headers that would be kinda close{at least flange and colector}..then cut the mid section out and tweak them up...that's what i did for my car since it's a body dropped chassis car i got your basic a-body bb fenderwell headers used for 300${that didn't even come close to being able to be bolted down} then basically for about 350$ in labour tweaked them up..and away i went...

·
Registered
4,105 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't know why it would cost more to have headers fitted,the flanges have to be bolted to the heads pipes tack welded up taken off,welded up,colectors fitted welded up and final install to make sure they fit after they are welded up.

You guys on the east coast must have to pay top dollar for all your work.Jim Caughlin has been doing work around here for years.National record holder in his class,doe's alot of Vanderbecks header work,builds alot of superstock and stock class headers.

$800 for the headers does't include specialty collectors that can cost up to $800 per pair by themselves.But for a regular header like a Hooker Super Comp,the headers would be about $800.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts