Big Block Dart Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one use a billet throttle cable bracket? Any recommendations would be fantastic. I have a '71 Demon with a 440, RPM Eddy intake and heads, a 850 Demon carb., auto trans, and a using a front motor plate.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,885 Posts
Here is a new one from Mancini that looks fully adjustable and doesn't require a return spring bracket.

Reactions: odie440

·
Premium Member
3,885 Posts
Reactions: smallbigblock

·
Registered
114 Posts
throttle bracket

Looks like it has the return springs from hell on it. Might need two feet to push the gas peddle.
evidently , some of you don`t know what your talking about, I put one on my 11 second G M C , and it worked perfectly. further more I`m going to put one on my 505" fish I like them so well!

·
Registered
792 Posts
I have used the Jegs style and it works just fine...

·
Premium Member
3,885 Posts
On the Jegs setup can you use a stock throttle cable or is it not long enough.

·
Registered
792 Posts
IIRC mine was long enough but it was kinked, so I switched to an aftermarket cut to fit cable.

·
Registered
167 Posts
The springs have not been a problem at all...I think it all works pretty well.
I needed a new cable anyway so I bought a cut to length one.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'll stick with my AndyF bracket thanks, at least I know its got the correct angle, the factory cable fits like factory and it costs way less plus it doesnt look like my buddys chebby set up plus it weighs like nothing

·
Registered
507 Posts
The jeg's piece looks good.. nice and straight.. on a stock type,do you guys have a problem breaking the cable at the ball, on the pedal end?? i have broke a few..

·
Registered
4,105 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
You are right, always make sure it opens all of the way. But going more could be the problem.. I have been called lead foot more than once..If or i mean, when i get it back together i will check it.. Thanks..

·
Registered
167 Posts
Where did you get your cowl hood? Pins or Hinges? How do you like it? How tall is the cowl? :) It looks pretty AWEsome!!!
The hood is a factory steel hood with a fiberglass cowl. The center section of the sheet metal was removed under the cowl but the cross bracing remains. I believe it is a 4". The hood was on the car when I bought it as a rolling chassis.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts