Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just curious where the best place to get a Dana 60 for my 71 Scamp would be. What options I would need, should I get a narrowed one compared to stock, etc. Also will the brakes I ordered from bill work with a Dana. I ordered the 12.19 drilled/slotted Willwoods for an 8 3/4.

The plan is I will be basically coping 1meanfish's F-1 procharged build (840+hp), using an MMR Tremec, then the Dana in the back. This going to be a street car w/ some trips to both a dragstrip and also some road racing. I have the wheel tubs moved to the frame, and will be moving the springs inboard, but I am going to wait till I get the rearend to do so.

Thanks for any info.
Brian

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I picked mine up from Strange for about $2226 delivered. This included the Detroit Locker upgrade and no perches mounted. There advertised price of $1799 does not include shipping. I had it in 4 weeks.

I went with a standard A body length to give the car a stock look from the side. these are 28" x 13.5" M/T's.

Tom

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
want an old housing or the fancy strange unit? i have danas in both of my darts. complete, one cost me around 1500, the other 1350. cheaper one having a spool i bought sceond hand. #1, shop did everything for me, supplied a van housing, brand new clutch type posi, 3.73 gears, 35 spline moser axles, 1350 yoke, and 11" backing plates. #2 late model housing bought on ebay, 35 bucks, 65 bucks shipping, moser spool, 35 spline moser axles, 4.30's, 1350 yoke, 10.5" drums. i narrowed it myself and had the shop set up the gears. my friend built the jig to do housings. he has a few danas in stock. he did one for his dart, the only things he had to buy were the 35 spline side gear and clutch kit for the stock posi, housing ends which he cut off an 8 3/4 along with the 11" brakes and 35 spline axles. so for around 500-600 bucks he has a 4.10 posi dana with 35 spline axles. one nice thing brand new 35 spline clutch posi units can be had for about 265, they work really good. i have about 50-60 passes on my car and a decent amount of street miles, its holding up great.

·
Registered
78 Posts
b569rr said:
I picked mine up from Strange for about $2226 delivered. This included the Detroit Locker upgrade and no perches mounted. There advertised price of $1799 does not include shipping. I had it in 4 weeks.

I went with a standard A body length to give the car a stock look from the side. these are 28" x 13.5" M/T's.

Tom

I'm happy with mine from Strange

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will the brakes I have fit with a strange unit? I would rather have new for the piece of mind, one less thing to worry about breaking.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Scampin said:
Will the brakes I have fit with a strange unit?  I would rather have new for the piece of mind, one less thing to worry about breaking.
When you order it, they will install any axle flange you want (Mopar / Ford) and they will cut the axle length for your brake spacing requirement. You need to know what brakes you are using prior to ordering. Their website has an online catalog.

Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts