Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my dart as someone elses unfinished project. it has minitubs and a narrowed dana with big ford ends but no axles. is any one using this set up? what brakes are you using? what is the diameter of the locating register for the drum/disc? I want to order axles and need some info. Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
are the ends "old " big ford, they use 1/2" bolts on housing end...or "new" style, they use 3/8" bolts. You need to decide what brakes YOU want to use...stock drum or aftermarket disc..then have the axles made to them. Who ever makes your axles will know the brake register diameter you need.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I had Strange put the late big ford ends on my 60. I am using ford Explorer disk brakes on the rear. You will have to have the axle flanges turned down to 5.9". You can see the brakes in my gallery. My register is 2.775".

Ford Motorsport kit from Summit . thanks slingshot.

late Big Ford ends

The bearing on 35 spline axle
Tom

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The ends on my rear are the old big ford. Hey b569rr are the rotors in the pick's stock ford? Are they 5 on 4.5. That looks like a nice set up. Who sells it does it have E brake and what does it cost roughly?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
The kit is stock Ford Explorer 5 x 4.5" bolt pattern. It is cheapest from Summit. It comes with the e brake mini drum. E brake cable not included. It runs about $375 for the 11" rotor kit.

Tom

Hide the box quick before you Mopar buddies see it.

The kit

The mini e brake drum.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hey B5, does that brake kit use stock parts? IE can you go to a local parts store for replacement parts?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Yes you can go to the parts store and get Explorer parts. A buddy of mine runs the same setup on a 9" Ford in an Art Morrisson rear Chevy Luv. This was a reason I went with the Ford ends.

Tom

·
Registered
320 Posts
Cool, I'm gonna have to get one of my 8 3/4's narrowed in the future and was thinking about have them put the ford ends on it instead.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts