Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be putting a 1967 Dart body (2 door HT) on a rotisserie soon. Can anyone advise about where to line up the pivot points on the front and the back so it balances and spins easily? Thanks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was asking about the vertical measurement. If the pivot is too high, the body won't roll over, and if it's too low, the body would be unstable and roll over on its own. Anyone who has done this must have experimented to find the sweet spot.

·
Registered
137 Posts
in the back use the bumper mount holes and the front is a few inches from the rad support but it depends what you have on the car .....trunk, hood, any suspension ect.

[attachment deleted by admin]

G

·
heres a couple pics. my car turn easily with the bare shell but i was able to add weights for counterbalance as i added parts.

·
Registered
278 Posts
HEMIDOUG if you go to the boTtom of this page maybe the top of the next page now there is a rotisserie thread and in there there is a picture of my car on a rotisserie . These points alow me to flip the car up 90 degrees on one side then 180 to be staright up and down the other way all by myself. I can not flip completely around unless I lift it higher but I would also be leary of it wanting to take off as in top heavy .I can take some closer picks or let you knoe exactly where if you want.

Blair

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Big Dog. I will be putting my '67 Dart on my rotosserie in the next few days. I built it from the plans shown in your thread. It would help to have a rough idea how far up from the bottom of the radiator support in the front and how far up from the bumper mounting bolts in the back you have the pivot points. I want to be able to rotate it like you describe. Pics would be nice, but simple measurements wouyld be better. Thanks.

Doug

·
Registered
278 Posts
Doug
I have channels coming out that are bolted where the bumpers were bolted from the centers of these to the center of my pivot is approx 8" up.From the top of the front panel where the hood latch bolts on is approx 7" down to the center of the pivot .Make it so you have 3"-6" of adjustment in this area and you should be fine. Mine is at the max I can't go any closer to the pivot than 8" and it works great. But it would be nice if it would go to say 6" just incase you njeeded it to for some reason.
Hope this is all you need if not let me know .
-0*(
Blair

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Blair. This gives me a good starting point. I will be mounting it in the next few days.
I am following your posts on other threads because it appears we have some of the same questions.

Doug :)

·
Registered
847 Posts
mine adjusts between the pivot and the mounting brakets, raising or lowering the center of gravity. it locks with a jam bolt....... everything changed when i bolted on doors and fenders to check fit, moved it a littlle on the adjustment and i was spinnin again. -0*(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts