Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have an 8 3/4 a body diff with 3.91 posi. have a body axles redrilled to 5x4.5 with green bearings. i have 11 inch backing plactes off another diff. will 11'' brakes work or is the a body axle offset too different? do i need new axles or should i use the stock smaller dart rear drums as i am upgrading to large front discs? 2 or 2.5 inch drums and pads? i will be running about a 500hp 440 and worry the stock axles won't take too much stress. a lot of questions, i know. but all info is greatly appreciated. thanks to all. p.s. running out of credit card limit. on a budget.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Those 11" brakes are probably not A body brakes. You need 2.5" from the housing flange to the axle face for those 11s. A bodies are different. Some will say the axles will hold up. My old axles were 4s drilled to 4.5 and they looked like swiss cheese. I bought new axles from Moser. That might hurt your budget, they were approx. $315.00.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Buy - the - proper - axles !!!!!!!
Wrong place to talk about budget if you are going to use re-drilled axles,
It is just not safe. As they say "the life you save may be your own!!!"
Don't use them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
When it comes to suspension or brakes,you get the best you can afford and do not go the cheap route,as it is your ass and others because you went cheap,gwn

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, always good to go with quality. decided to go with the mosers. will be eating mac & cheese for a month. thanks to all for all the good input. tnku

1 - 5 of 5 Posts