Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have an 8 3/4 a body diff with 3.91 posi. have a body axles redrilled to 5x4.5 with green bearings. i have 11 inch backing plactes off another diff. will 11'' brakes work or is the a body axle offset too different? do i need new axles or should i use the stock smaller dart rear drums as i am upgrading to large front discs? 2 or 2.5 inch drums and pads? i will be running about a 500hp 440 and worry the stock axles won't take too much stress. a lot of questions, i know. but all info is greatly appreciated. thanks to all. p.s. running out of credit card limit. on a budget.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Those 11" brakes are probably not A body brakes. You need 2.5" from the housing flange to the axle face for those 11s. A bodies are different. Some will say the axles will hold up. My old axles were 4s drilled to 4.5 and they looked like swiss cheese. I bought new axles from Moser. That might hurt your budget, they were approx. $315.00.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Buy - the - proper - axles !!!!!!!
Wrong place to talk about budget if you are going to use re-drilled axles,
It is just not safe. As they say "the life you save may be your own!!!"
Don't use them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, always good to go with quality. decided to go with the mosers. will be eating mac & cheese for a month. thanks to all for all the good input. tnku

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.