Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am brand new to restoring cars. I know enough just to break things. I am looking to replace the rear in my car to beef it up. Im doing a lot of performance upgrades to it. Im looking to see what kinds of rears will bolt right up to a 66 dart. Ideally I would like to go to a junk yard to get it to save some money. Thanks in advance!

Andrew
Lumberton NJ

·
Super Moderator
1,434 Posts
I think Tommy has a point. pieces are getting scooped up nowadays.

as a starter and for a strictly street ride, look for 8.25 rears. they're not nearly as popular as the 8.75's and came under a lot of A-bodys. you might be able to get one at a decent price, otherwise 8.75's are tending to get pricey these days and anything tougher (Dana's and 9" Ford) you'll likely have to have built/build it yourself.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think Tommy has a point. pieces are getting scooped up nowadays.

as a starter and for a strictly street ride, look for 8.25 rears. they're not nearly as popular as the 8.75's and came under a lot of A-bodys. you might be able to get one at a decent price, otherwise 8.75's are tending to get pricey these days and anything tougher (Dana's and 9" Ford) you'll likely have to have built/build it yourself.
Is the 9 inch ford really tougher than the 8 3/4 chrysler? Just curious.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts