Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
Can somebody send a picture under this topic or a link where to see the difference of centerlinks? If there would be measurements (about the drop)  it would be nice...
And IF you have one to sell  :D

G

·
o[I read the instructions that schumacher sends with thier /6 to 360 mounts and they said that 66-72 would take the same dropped link for a v-8. wrong. I bought one on ebay that was listed for 66-72 cars but after installing it I found out it was too wide. Maybe it fits 67-72, I don't know. I am still wondering if my /6 link will work or maybe I will dent the oil pan if it hits. I would be glad to sell you the one I bought on ebay for my 66 for cheap, but I can't tell you that it is the right one. **(*)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Youre are right. 67 and up A-bobys are wider.
I've seen a picture in somebodys Barracuda 65 or 66 project about the differences. The point is "dropping". Slant 6 centerlink in also dropped about 1" but the original v8 centerlink is dropped more mayby 2"-3".
In my Valiant (1965) was originally slant 6 and now it has 318. I live in Northern Europe, Finland and here it is not easy to find any donor car, and most of the A-bodys were originally with slant 6. So if someone could find a link or send a picture at the topic it would be nice! Most of people whom I have talked says that it is not necessary to change the centerlink. But all have "smashed" engine oilpan... So was there any difference 63-66 A-bodys centerlinks.. :-\

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'm wondering if it's a year change thing. My 64 Valiant required a draglength change. I also had a 65 Dart with a \6, but it had the dropped draglength already. Now was it changed it's life, couldn't tell you. I always wondered if it was a year change that in 65 they all came with a dropped draglength?

Lee

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
340fyd said:
I'm wondering if it's a year change thing.  My 64 Valiant required a draglength change.  I also had a 65 Dart with a \6, but it had the dropped draglength already.  Now was it changed it's life, couldn't tell you.  I always wondered if it was a year change that in 65 they all came with a dropped draglength?

Lee

L6 centerlink is also dropped, but not enough. I hope IF somobody could take a picture about V8 64-65 centerlink. L6 centerlink scratces V8 oilpan... Or If someone has donor car and I could make a deal for centerlink. tnku

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Is the 66 drag link the same as the 65? Will a /6 66 drag link work on a BB?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hi,
I bought a dropped center link for my 1964 Dart. There was only a little drop in it. About a half inch or so. The 1963 thru 1966 used the same width. I bought mine from Freman's Auto in Montana for about $100.00 Try www.fremansauto.com & fill out a parts request form. It takes about 3 weeks to get a part if he has it. Make sure you tell him its for a V- 8
Good Luck
Jim

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my64dart said:
Hi,
  I bought a dropped center link for my 1964 Dart. There was only a little drop in it. About a half inch or so. The 1963 thru 1966 used the same width. I bought mine from Freman's Auto in Montana for about $100.00   Try  www.fremansauto.com & fill out a parts request form. It takes about 3 weeks to get a part if he has it. Make sure you tell him its for a V- 8
    Good Luck
     Jim
THANKS JIM!!!
What engine do You have in Your Dart? A SB I suppose? Yours information was important for me. ;D ;D
As earlier I wrote many persons had said that there's no difference, but all had smashed their oilpan... The half 1" is enough and it will not hit oilpan!!! So HELLO COULD SOMEBODY SELL A V8 centerlink 1964 - 1966 A-body :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mopowers said:
Is the 66 drag link the same as the 65?  Will a /6 66 drag link work on a BB?

All centerlinks 64 - 66 are same. As Jim wrote the only difference is the drop. If You have donor car make sure that it's originally assembled V8. You can make measurement in your L6 centerlink and hten compare it to new one. Sorry but I cant say anything about hao does it work with BB.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have one that'll I'll sell for $100 plus shipping. My email is [email protected] and my phone number is 417-358-2610. It's out of a 65 V-8 cuda. I have the pan that was on the orginal 273 too, if you want that also.

Lee

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
340fyd said:
I have one that'll I'll sell for $100 plus shipping.  My email is [email protected] and my phone number is 417-358-2610.  It's out of a 65 V-8 cuda.  I have the pan that was on the orginal 273 too, if you want that also.

Lee

Send You E-mail

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hi,
The center links from the 1963 thru 1966 A-Body cars are the same width. You need the drop down center link (From a V-8 car ) to put a V-8 in a car that had a slant six. I was also told to buy the #187 Mopar big block oil pan to use for the swap. The #187 has a cut out built into it for steering clearances. My motor is being built so its not installed yet. But these are the parts you need to put a big block in a early A-Body Mopar.
Hope This Helps Out
Jim

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
my64dart said:
Hi,
   The center links from the 1963 thru 1966  A-Body cars are the same width. You need the drop down center link (From a V-8 car ) to put a V-8 in a car that had a slant six.  I was also told to buy the #187 Mopar big block oil pan to use for the swap. The #187 has a cut out built into it for steering clearances. My motor is being built so its not installed yet. But these are the parts you need to put a big block in a early A-Body Mopar.
     Hope This Helps Out
        Jim

Yes It helped a lot. tnku

·
Registered
305 Posts
my64dart said:
Hi,
The center links from the 1963 thru 1966 A-Body cars are the same width. You need the drop down center link (From a V-8 car ) to put a V-8 in a car that had a slant six. I was also told to buy the #187 Mopar big block oil pan to use for the swap. The #187 has a cut out built into it for steering clearances. My motor is being built so its not installed yet. But these are the parts you need to put a big block in a early A-Body Mopar.
Hope This Helps Out
Jim
Jim, so you need the dropped center link for a big block also then?

Lee

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hi,
I have the dropped centerlink & oil pan already bought. I got the centerlink fron Fremans Auto & the oil pan from EBAY. You shouldn't have any problems selling that centerlink on EBAY or someone on Bigblockdarts. Its kinda a hot item. BBD
Thanks Again
Jim

1 - 16 of 16 Posts