Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to buy a disc brake conversion kit for my 1971 Demon 6-cylinder. I also am going to install a 440/727 combo, I have a tubular upper a-arm, a 340 steering link & tie rod ends, a new light weight master cylinder, and use the 5 x 4½ bolt pattern. Do I order a B-body kit and only need the lower B-body a-arm? Do I need a different pitman arm? I know I will need an adjustable proportioning valve if I decided to go to rear discs later. o----o<>

·
Premium Member
3,921 Posts
First off, there's no such thing as a 340 steering link. There was no /6 link after 1965. There were however two different links for 67-76 a-bodies. The difference was in year ranges (67-72 and 73-76). What you have determines what pitman and idler arms you need. There's no lower control arm difference on any a-body except the location or absence of sway bar tabs. You didn't say which brakes/spindles you have or want so that question cannot be answered.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
704 Posts
you can keep the stock lower arms

you need 73 up spindles and 73 up a body lower ball joint

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It has 9-inch drums on the front with a 5 x 4-inch bolt patten which I figured was standard for 6-cylinder a-bodies. So I can run a deep sump oil pan without any trouble? I thouhjt you had to run a special or certain oil pan so the steering linkage would clear. This is all new to me with a-bodies. Any information will be greatly appreciated. And this site has been my #1 source of information. o----o<>

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts