Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys it was a full day's work on saturday i woke up at 9 got cranking on the car my dad helped me aout along teh way btu he was feeling liek crap so i  ventured onto the project solo style(*bites nails*)

Well i did it! i bolted the SSBC kit on, swapped the master clyinder, istalled the prop valve, had to re attach the banjo lines haha  but yeah i finally wrapped it all up had the car back on eth ground had my brakes bleed by 9 at night.

What kinda sucked was my mom threw a retirment party for my popz so while every1 was out boozing and enjoying some great food i was out getting down and dirty lol but well worth it.

I got to enjoy my brakes for about 5mins then my freaking shifter cable broke on my B&M shifter, so i ordered teh proper 6ft cable now.   Take 10 steps fwd take 1/2 step back it's all good i'm still proud that i did this upgrade. i will have some misc brake parts up for grabs eitehr ebay locally or offer to you guys.

I'll let ya guys know soon oh and 1 pic it was off my phone sorry

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
267 Posts
Re: Disc brakes INSATLLED!

looks good man, congratulations - it feels good doing something new for yourself and having it work!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Disc brakes INSATLLED!

Evan said:
looks good man, congratulations - it feels good doing something new for yourself and having it work!

Oh hell yes it does! been wanting disc for over 2 years now and i finally got em, ahh i also had a beer that night it was 1 of them hard working i deserve a cold one beer lol

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
So the kit fit a stock 10 inch drum spindle? What modifications did you have to do? Any idea what the calipers and rotors are from, for future replacement purposes?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
qkcuda said:
So the kit fit a stock 10 inch drum spindle?  What modifications did you have to do?  Any idea what the calipers and rotors are from, for future replacement purposes?
yeah the kit fits a stock 10" drum spindle. the calipers are a cast item from SSBC, they have SSBC and their part number casted into them. as far as the rotors i really got no idea on that. as far as brake pads a part of em says they are a mustang brake pads

Other then that they package everything in their own stuff they buy this stuff in bulk and put the kits together in house.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Looks good man! I see it has two bolt patterns. Is one for the SBP?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah the rotors come with the studs for both SBP and BBP in them, so all you do i spress out the bp you don't need.

heh we have a press at the house and when my dad 1st got it from his buddy, i said to myself wtf do we need that for? well since we have had it over a year now i have saved over 100 bucks easy with that thing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts