Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BBD BBD BBD Ha Guys Tried To Blead The Lines On My Duster Today. I Have Installed A 73 Dart Disk Set Up On The Front. Is The Brake Plunger The Same As Disk And Drum Cars? I Can't Seem To Get Any Fluid To Come Out Of Any Bleaders. Is o----o<> It Posible That I Have Hooked Up The Divider Block Up Wrong? The Master Cyilinder Is New,Block Is Used.

G

·
I think you need to post picts of what you have. Manual drum and manual drum/disk plungers are the same. The proportioning valve is different. No fluid? maybe its a bad master cyl. Do you have full pedal travel? spongy? did you "bench" bleed the master to remove the air before hooking it up to the prop. valve?? What installation sequence did you follow???

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fogot To Bench Blead It Pedal Goes Smothly To Floor But Still No Fluid. Do You Take Both Lines Of Of Master And Then Bleed It Still On THe Fire Wall Or Do I Have To Remove It To Bench Blead It. Peadle Goes To The Floor.

·
Premium Member
3,921 Posts
I have take a pair of old brake lines that attach to the master. With something like that you can "bench" bleed it in the car and catch the fluid. One thing I did figure out though is that you'll never get a steady stream out of them if you them going up and back over the reservoirs because of drain back. It doesn't take much to get it bled.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

G

·
disconnect the brake lines from the master. get a master cyl. bleeder kit (plastic lines and fittings) or make 2 little lines ~ 5 inches long. run the line out of the MC and loop it back into the resevoir, have the bottom of that line near the bottom of the resevoir. Fill the master. SLOWLY pump the brake pedal, full stroke. You'll see lots of air bubbles. when the bubbles stop...you'll have the air out and it will be bench bled. Then switch over to the lines going to the prop. valve. Start bleeding from the farthers WC at the rear....then the other rear.

Bleeding. pinch off the caliper hoses, and the rear hose. Remove the back hose clamp and bleed the backs. then put the clamp on (vice grips). Then take of the RF clamp, and bleed that caliper. put the clamp on a bleed the remaining caliper.

I you have all the clamps off, and the pedal is spongy...you have air. put all the clamps on the hoses. the pedal should be rock hard. Then take off 1 clamp at a time, and that's how you can track down where the air is. Good luck....

G

·
The rear pot is larger and for the calipers up front.  The front port may be blocked....which happens sometimes.  Make sure that the piston is coming all the way back when you release the brake pedal, that way you know you have full stroke.  If you still can't move fluid.....you may just have a bum master.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts