Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hooray, I finally got the doghouse sprayed. 1 coat of epoxy primer, 2 coats of sandable primer, 1 coat of white sealer, 3 coats of Yellow, 2 coats of clear with Gold Shimmer Pearl mixed in it and then 2 coats of just clear. ;D 8)

It came out great, after wet sanding and buffing, smooth as a school teachers leg!!

Here are 2 pics.

Ernie

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thebankerstoy said:
VERY, VERY, VERY, NICE!  8) ;D

By the way, in case you didn't know, I REALLY LOVE YELLOW MOPAR'S!!!  ;D ;D
What color did you use?

Richard
Richard, The color is actually Ryder Truck Yellow but it turns a shade lighter when I put the Gold Ghost Shimmer Pearl in the clear. Pretty cool stuff. www.paintwithpearl.com I've been telling people it's FERRARI YELLOW !!!! 8) 8)

Ernie

·
Registered
320 Posts
I'm going to be shooting my sealer and paint on my engine bay soon (this weekend I hope) did you rough up the primer before you layed the sealer? Did you scuff up or sand the sealer before you shot the paint? The guys at the paint store told me, but I can't remember.

Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lars said:
I'm going to be shooting my sealer and paint on my engine bay soon (this weekend I hope) did you rough up the primer before you layed the sealer? Did you scuff up or sand the sealer before you shot the paint? The guys at the paint store told me, but I can't remember.

Thanks
Lars,
  I had the whole thing down to bare metal, then 1 coat of epoxy primer, 2 coats of hi build filler primer - sanded both coats with 320 grit, then 1 coat of white sealer, no sanding, 3 coats of yellow, no sanding, 2 coats of clear with Gold Ghost Shimmer Pearl in it (www.paintwithpearl.com ), then 2 coats of clear with no pearl in it. When I do the exterior of the car I am going to add 1 more coat of clear, so I have a little more to wet sand and buff.

Ernie

G

·
My legs aren't that smooth ;D

Great looking paint, though. I'm just getting ready to do the jambs and engine bay on my '83 Imperial. Hope it turns out that nice.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Can we also see the school teacher's legs ;D ;D

gt

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.