Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The driver's side door latch post on our '68 Dart GT has become loose from the body and it rotates, making it diffiult to latch the door closed. I removed the rear driver's side (passenger) panel and accessed the back side of the post's anchoring point to see if I could do some kind of repair or tightening. I cannot tighten it and it (again) rotates in its sheet metal pocket mounting. My question: What can I do to keep the stud from rotating and moving around.

Thanx.

·
Registered
283 Posts
there was a story in mopar muscle or mopar action showing a fix of welding a washer behind the post to keep it from turning. i'll try to find it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
http://www.moparts.com/Tech/Archive/misc/18.html

You could do this and weld everything into place; I'm planning on doing it myself because my striker post is wasted behind the jamb, and now I have to slam the door for it to stay. Changing doors didn't help the situation much either, because I had to re-align them after I put them on; with all the opening and slamming I was doing, it loosened up even more. o[

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, JB Weld to the rescue... ;D

It seems to be holding OK..and it will have to do till I can get it welded properly...

I love that JB-Weld stuff...I repaired the fuel tank on my Moto Guzzi about 4 years ago. A welede seam had busted where it vibrated against the frame and it was leaking fuel onto the motor. JB Welded it and that was that, to this day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.