Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just put wilwood 4 corner disk brakes on my 71 swinger i lost 34lbs of rotating mass i was told by a long time bracket racer that for every 10lbs of rotating wieght is like 100lbs of car mass my car has run a 10.75 et so if this is true i shouldrun a 10.45 just wondering if this would be true

·
Registered
724 Posts
That's an interesting chart. The way I understand it is for every pound you shed off your rotating assembly it equals 15 lbs. of dead weight loss from the car/driver or 5 lbs from the unsprung rotating parts including rims/tires?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi bob just wondering if ski has got it figured out iam trying to make sense of that chart but my light bulb hasnt come on get thanks for the info

·
Registered
724 Posts
Okay, another way I see it is shaving 1lb. off your rotating assembly is like shaving 5 lbs. off your rear drums or other rotating mass travelling at the same advancing speed as the final driving force. ??? **(*)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Now that you have my interest don't leave me now..that's what i tell my girlfriends. So where do you start to shave this weight? Give us examples for us lay people. I went to copy the chart but the printer is out of ink......headed for Wal Mart....be right back......... don't go away

G

·
One is fiberglass parts another is lighter parts and build the car sparingly shaved 400 off once but was full sized car with alot of pro street stuff went to race car stuff and less of it and smaller stuff one real easy way is build the car with chrome moly instead of mild steel take alot of crash bracing out of car. alot of fine tuning equpiment not cheap..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts