Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 64 valiant 2 dr HT back from my son and ordered the shumacher conversion mounts to drop a 400 in the place of the tired 273. I want to use stock manifolds for now since I have little money to play with being out of work with a broken back. Which manifolds are the easiest to use. Have a set of SS springs and a friend thats going to mini tub it and do some frame rails for it. going to use as much stuff as I can out of a 73 polara as I can but need to know if the diff will work under it or how much it will have to be shortened. Ther is no power steering or brakes on the car now but I did do a disc conversion on it a few months before I got it back, thinking of adding a brake booster to it with the extra power.
Any help would be appeciated a pictures also. [email protected]

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I wonder if regular fender well headers would fit if you cut out the inner fenders.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I will be using Max Wedge manifolds on my 400 stroker. I have seen them installed on a 65 Cuda with a 440. I talked to the builder and took many pics. I will document my mock up in my 63 Dart hopefully starting next month.

Mike

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
266 Posts
az426hemi said:
I will be using Max Wedge manifolds on my 400 stroker. I have seen them installed on a 65 Cuda with a 440. I talked to the builder and took many pics. I will document my mock up in my 63 Dart hopefully starting next month.

Mike
Why not post some of the pix you took of the Max Wedge manifolds on the 400...............Pix are goooooood..........say it with me..... LOL LOL LOL LOL

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice pics of the valiant. where did you get those headers? I wont be using PS or PB as it doesnt have it now. I will take pics as I go and see if these C body exhaust manifolds will work, if not I will find something. found a narrowed 9 inch that should work perfect.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Theres a post on here right now of a 440 in a 65 with max wedge mans,ac and cruise.check it out the guy did a great job

1 - 14 of 14 Posts