Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. I got a back seat and was wondering if anybody has had any luck dyeing theres to change the color.The seat is in great shape,no ripes ,tears nothing the problem is its blue and i need black.Should i dye it or would it be better to reupholstery them.Just worried about them peeling or getting scatched and the color showing thru. Thanks LARRY

·
Registered
828 Posts
Good question. Same for me, going from white to black. Ditto with the door panels, can ya dye them?? I know there is paint out there, but I have not had much luck or experience with it holding up to scratches, etc.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I tried dying vinyl seats but that was about 15 years ago for a friend.I was still somewhat of a rookie body and paint man and I'm sure the products have advanced tremendously since then.they didn't seem to hold up too bad.but you did have to watch scratching them or like you said the color would show thru.they went from red to black.I' sure now they have stuff that's way better.goodluck.
carl

·
Registered
78 Posts
Names of products? Namebrands? Where the heck do you buy it?

Drew

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I ran dyed Coronet seats in my RR until I got legendary pieces for the correct interior. It looked very good.

Go to Eastwood's web site. They sell a kit; a cleaner, etching primer for soft and hard interior surfaces and the interior paint. I think it ran me $30.

Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts