Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the JRSpring 6 leaf springs for the 64 valiant...but it turns out the front mount on the 64 uses a smaller bolt (7/16?) and the springs, and the later A, use 1/2 (or is it 5/8). Anyway.....where can I buy just the rubber busings for the shackle end? also...can I buy a small bolt front bushing for the large eye, later spirng? thanks..Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can get just the shackle bushings about anywhere, any parts store. May have to ask for bushings for a later model A-bdy. I definitely reccomend using poly in the shackles.
The larger bolt in the spring eye bushings was an upgrade as the car gained more power. I reccomend you remove your shackles and drill them for the larger bolt.
Mike Bynum

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my 66 came with the larger bolts and the springs from jc whitney came with the right bushings. (larger hole)

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
why not just drill the hole out for the 5/8" bolt? or whatever the front spring eye requires, iahd to do that on my 69, the springs used 5/8" bolts and the hangers used 1/2".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.