Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Early A's with Hemis from old board

And from Gunnar with a 426 late:
It can be done! I have done it...!? ?
The exhaust is almost finished, I know how to do the steering, just looking for a good rack...
The master cylinder have to move, It will be a combo of Nissan servo and Volvo master cylinder... Diskbrake on all four corner.?
I will try not to cut or damage the enginebay. No fenderwell or cut fenders.?
I have cut the K-member to move the engine mount and I will cut and move the master cylinder. Some light massage to fit the 727 in the trans tunnel.
The engine is for my Dodge Coronet -66 Hemi, but It will stay in the Barracuda untill the Dodge is ready for it...
It's a -67 hemi with new Carter Comp. 625 and a -70-71 cam. The 727 is an original Hemi-auto (for the Dodge).?
Take a look at the pic and tell me what you think...

Cut and moved for the enginemount.

Here are the mounts...

Same mounts, other angle.

Leftside mount.

Rightside mount.

Leftside exhaust manifold.

Rightside exhaust manifold.

Form behind.

Here it is in the enginebay.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Heres mine.....

I will be using the stock motor mounts, I cut the steering column cover back to the firewall. Moved the distributor pocket to the other side. lowered the shock mounts a little over 2 inches...yadda,yadda,yadda. I also think I will make new inner fender panels before it goes back in...just don't like the way they look. I also hope to have a hairdryer(or two ;D) cooled blowing through a set of modified Hilborns...but cash is tight, dreams are free. Thus it has a /6 in it right now while I pile the parts (ever so slowly) to my goal!
wanderer
more pics at http://community.webshots.com/user/wanderer64 , nothing new recently

·
Registered
400 Posts

Some nice work!!

·
Registered
945 Posts

Welder and a cold winter you can put anything in anything. Looks good guys.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I don't see any steering parts in those pics...where they go?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

HiYa Guyz,
Mine fits with the column sleave cut to the firewall. I was thinking Bill, maybe we should ban AbodyJoe from this forum till he builds another early A that looks as good as the one he had ;D
wanderer
PS maybe we should change the name of this thread to Shoehorning 101 as suggested by Rob!

·
Registered
1,691 Posts

I was thinking Bill, maybe we should ban AbodyJoe from this forum till he builds another early A that looks as good as the one he had

;D can't do another one right now but... i did pick up a push button big block 727 and i do still have the mounts from that car posted above... there will be another down the road..

·
Registered
44 Posts
no i have not got it going i might have my sheet metal intake by the end of april and then have to fab some header for the turbo still a lot of work and $$ but it is still moving forward and thats progress

1 - 17 of 17 Posts