Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You're going for a factory look,  say a hemi orange 1970 440 or 340 6 pac engine or a HP motor or a sleeper.   What gets the orange, the black and the natural (no paint).  And what's different between big block and small.  Thanks and have fun tnku

G

·
i think the hemis and hp 440's were a brighter orange than the 340 and 383 and they painted the whole engine water pump and all.i don't like that look but thats the factory look.i think it looks better with the contrast of the unpainted freeze plugs water pump,heads, etc.

·
Registered
392 Posts
440 hp.
orange:
block, heads, valve covers, intake and intake gasket, oil pan, vibration damp, throttle return spring bracket, throttle cable bracket, water pump, timing cover, intake gasket rail bars, that silly foil insulation under the intake manifold.

black:
pulleys (water pump, crank, alty.) power steering pump and brackets, fan, alty brackets and spacers.

natural:
distrib hold down, fan spacer, heater hose bracket, coil bracket, exhaust manifolds(factory overspray burns off)

I'm sure I missed many items.

Was this some kind of test Ed? ;D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A13Dart said:

Was this some kind of test Ed? ;D
Kinda. Like kinda knew what everything is suppose to be, but didn't know about diz holddown and the heater bracket. Really was never one to worry about the "right" colors, this is new to me trying to restore it to factory. Or at least close to factory.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.