Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Autometer fuel pressure gauge I want to install, but I don't really want to go through the extra hassle and expense of mounting it inside the car (using the pressure isolator). I would like to mount it outside, but how can it be weather-proofed? Anyone who has their gauges mounted outside have any tips? tnku

·
Registered
267 Posts
i think most people put them under the hood, in line with the fuel lines. if you want to put it on your cowl where you can always see it, they make mounting cups to make it look a little nicer. you shouldnt need any extra weatherproofing

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input, guys. I wouldn't say the car really NEEDS it, but I like to be well informed... :) I was actually thinking of flush-mounting it on the back of a hood scoop; I've seen pro-stock guys do it, and it looks pretty cool (I've been trying to decide on a good scoop to go with for a while now). That would put my 'glassing skills to the test...

G

·
you can put all your gauges under the hood and mount a camera there,then you can just look at em' on your dash mounted dvd screen. lol.actually i like the idea of putting them into the scoop,if you do it be sure to show us pics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts