Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you believe it,i have restored the whole interior except for the fake chrome strip that borders the fake woodgrain on the door panels.the factory sprayed this on and used a clearcoat,this paint costs $100 for 8 oz.and suposed to be sprayed on :( .i was thinking about a stick on chrome stip but can't find anything that will work(they are for the outside of car and too large it would look lame).i guess i could just put some leather piping over it but i really want the chrome look,any ideas or even pics. of what you did to solve this problem would be great.   stu 

·
Registered
1 Posts
Depending on how much you need to do, check out the local hobby store for a product called Bare Metal Foil. It's a very thin foil that has an adhesive backing. Comes on a 4" x 8" sheet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm gonna need 8 to 10 feet,would be hard to cut accurately and look good,thanks for the advice though.

·
Registered
129 Posts
If it's a small line around the bezels on the heater and such get you a testors chrome marker pen at your local hobby shop. You can get em in gold or chrome. Good luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no, its a perferated piece 1/8 inch wide right next to the woodgrain on the door panel,i'm not sure the pen would work there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
72 dart,door panels, the 1/8"strip of fake chrome along side the 4" strip of fake wood that goes the length of the panels. thanks

·
Registered
593 Posts
They sell chrome pinstriping tape that wide...I got some at auto zone...that may work.....

·
Registered
129 Posts
If you have access to an auto body store in your town check em out. They have a ton of stuff available and it wont be far off from what you need. Good luck. I'll walk out tomorrow and look at one in the field and see what your speaking of.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts