Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a few tips on how to pull my federal power steering pump to bits to replace the main shaft seal. I have read that the pulley is a press fit so I should be able to use a puller to take this off. Is this correct? It may become clearer once I get the pulley off as to how the rest of the pump comes apart, but any help or advise would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
.......Like bob says....get the proper puller.........u should not have to take it apart.........if u do make sure u have the complete kit 4 it......kim........

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
.....................u need to unbolt the pressure valve in the rear,being carefull to make sure nothing pops out.....and 1 or 2 bolts also on the back, havent had 1 apart 4 years.........wiggle the resesvore off the pump, may need alittle persuasion...............kim.........

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got the pulley off by making my own shells to grab onto with a normal gear puller. Worked sweet but took me a while. I couldn't get hold of a pulley being a Saturday today in NZ. Does the next piece unscrew?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts