Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a quick question, what bolt pattern does my car, which came frome the factory with fornt disks, have? 4.5"? And is that is the same front to back right? Because I'm reading all these posts about bolt circles and they say that A-bodies had small bolt patterns. The reason I'm asking is that I'll soon be swaping in a b-body 8 3/4 and I'm wondering if my front and back will have 2 diffrent bolt patterns then. The way i got it and the way it sits there is an adapter on the rear to get the rims to bolt up, well either that or it's a funky looking spacer. Thanks, I feel like and idot asking this qestion, i'm sooo confused.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You will have 4.5 BC, with an 7 1/4 or 8 1/4 rear end factory. So the BC will match the B body rear.

G

·
Keith Mopar said:
You will have 4.5 BC, with an 7 1/4 or 8 1/4 rear end factory. So the BC will match the B body rear.
doesnt it matter what year car he has?72 older should be 4" and 73 up are large pattern on an a -body.i'm not completely sure though,can't you just measure the fronts to see what u have?

·
Registered
536 Posts
I believe this topic has been discussed on this site before and I remember reading that you had to take into account the year of the car and the engine size. I think big blocks came with the larger bolt pattern 4.5. I am sure one of the experts will chime in on this topic before the day is out. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
mopar stu said:
Keith Mopar said:
doesnt it matter what year car he has?72 older should be 4" and 73 up are large pattern on an a -body.i'm not completely sure though,can't you just measure the fronts to see what u have?
The reason I sain he has 4.5 because in his sig it says 74 DDS, now that made me think his car was a 74, but I should never ass ume. My mistake. **(*)

By the way 74DDS what year is your car? Like Mopar Stu says, 73 up = 4.5, 72 down + 4.0

·
Premium Member
3,921 Posts
Big block cars DID NOT have big bolt pattern.

ALL a-bodies built PRIOR to the 1973 model year left the factory with the 4" pattern.

ALL V-8 a-bodies built starting with the 1973 model year and going to the end in 1976 had disc brakes with 4.5" pattern.

ALL /6 A-bodies from 1973 to 1976 WITH disc brakes had the 4.5" pattern.

ALL 1973-1976 a-bodies WITH front DRUM brakes had the 4" pattern.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok thanks that clears everything up for me, so now i can interchange wheels form the b-body axle to my car and so forth. THANKS

·
Registered
42 Posts
Jim_Lusk said:
Big block cars DID NOT have big bolt pattern.

ALL a-bodies built PRIOR to the 1973 model year left the factory with the 4" pattern.

ALL V-8 a-bodies built starting with the 1973 model year and going to the end in 1976 had disc brakes with 4.5" pattern.

ALL /6 A-bodies from 1973 to 1976 WITH disc brakes had the 4.5" pattern.

ALL 1973-1976 a-bodies WITH front DRUM brakes had the 4" pattern.
Exact-a-mundo !   Although, I didn't realize it was a v8/disk thing 73 and up.  I just thought if it had disks 73 and up it had the large bolt pattern and small for all drums.  Interesting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts