Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, early this year I took my car in to get it painted and asked the guy if he could clean up the fendre tag before he painted it. The paint build up on already was making it hard to read, and another coat would make it impossible. Needless to say I forgot about when I received the car from the shop after being painted.
This weekend I started rewiring the engine compartment and noticed it was missing. BBD So I went up there and they remember soaking it in some thinner, but not much more after that. They will continue to look for it, but what do I do if they cant find it? Can I get a replacement one?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
www.trimtags.com will make you a replacement. A freind of mine used them when the body shop lost his tag also. Why he didn't pull it  **(*) Hopefully you know how your car was equipped and a broadcast sheet will help. They will not help you turn a clone into a R/T etc...

Tom

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hopefully they'll find it. The same thing happened to me. Before I dropped my car off, I took a few pictures and a crayon rubbing of it just in case, and made sure they new how important it was, but sure enough, they lost it.   o[ Fortunately, about six months after the car was done, I got a call that they found it in a tool box drawer. Hopefully it'll turn out well for you, too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.