Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had experience with "Showcars" fiberglass company? I am replacing both the front and the rear valance. AAR was $180 bones a piece - Showcars was around $140 for the front and around $120 for the rear --- any thoughts would be grrreatly appreciated!

Thanx!

[attachment deleted by admin]

G

·
for a $100 i would go with a proven product.aar is nice stuff.when it comes time to fit and finish the piece and it gives you trouble you would wish you spent the extra cash.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sparkles have you been able to contact AAR? Ive been trying for like a month now, they never answer the phone. left messages that never were returned. I need a GTS hood and really want AAR, they say its the best. Showcars shows a "340 Dart" hood im assuming its the GTS hood, for 25.00 less than AAR. Anyone ever deal with showcars and can tell us how good their parts are?

·
Registered
404 Posts
they are located in Canada right? if it's the sme guys they took FOREVER!!!!!! with my scoop granted i spent alot less then i woudl have in the U.S. but they took umm 2-3months to send me a part that was "In Stock" my ass

just be carefull on that, other then that i like the product

·
Registered
417 Posts
I went to checkout Showcars, they are near the Toronto Airport. They used to be in Bolton, but not any more.
I wasn't impressed with the operation that they had running there. I was looking at their scoops, not the greatest. You will need to finish the product as they are rough.
Aslo the prices that they state are in US funds the guy told me.
Just my opinion though.

gt

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"Sparkles have you been able to contact AAR? Ive been trying for like a month now, they never answer the phone. left messages that never were returned. I need a GTS hood and really want AAR, they say its the best. Showcars shows a "340 Dart" hood im assuming its the GTS hood, for 25.00 less than AAR. Anyone ever deal with showcars and can tell us how good their parts are?"

I called AAR yesterday and they answered right away. - Makes me a little nervous to place an order if no one will answer the phone . I definetely want a quality part as that is why I am hoping for insight from the group and don't want to just pay for a name (meaning AAR). Thanks for your help so far... Anyone else?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Try glasstek I bought 2 fenders and a hood. great product had it when they said they would.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Alan and his son are the only ones at AAR at this time, Alan's wife is there at times. Alan can't get good quality help to do the fiberglass work, so in order to maintain his High Quality product he and his son are doing pretty much everthing by themselves. If they are laying up a hood or whatever they can't get to the phone. I am not making excuses for AAR, just tring to let you know why the phone may go un answered. I think if I were tring to call, I would try early AM Eastern time, before they get busy in the shop.

Herb

G

·
Dart67 said:
Alan and his son are the only ones at AAR at this time, Alan's wife is there at times. Alan can't get good quality help to do the fiberglass work, so in order to maintain his High Quality product he and his son are doing pretty much everthing by themselves. If they are laying up a hood or whatever they can't get to the phone. I am not making excuses for AAR, just tring to let you know why the phone may go un answered. I think if I were tring to call, I would try early AM Eastern time, before they get busy in the shop.

Herb
in my opinion he would make more money by having a person answer phones for $10 an hour istead of losing business to the person who does answer the phones.plus you would have someone to get lunch and take out the trash. ;)

·
Registered
219 Posts
The problem is that no one in Coca Beach fl. (spelling) wants to work for minimum or low pay, they would rather draw welfare. It is not that he does not want to hire someone, it is that no one wants to work.

Herb

·
Registered
17 Posts
Stay away from those guys!!  I ordered a one piece front end a few years back for my 71 challenger S/pro car and it took them probably 6 months and when we got it the quailty was pure S**T.  It was black and you could see light through it there were spots were there wasn't any mat just the gel it was flimsy and the grill look like an big egg crate.  We had waited so long that I ordered a front clip from MAS it arrived in less than a week the same day the other one showed up.  Sitting side by side it was no contest, the MAS piece was far better and cost about a 1/3 of the one from up north did so I ended up selling the one on ebay for a big loss.  This was the expreance that I had with them and I will never buy from them again! 

·
Registered
193 Posts
I got a rear valance, hood and bumpers from AAR. The parts fit really nice with a little trimming. I have fiberglass fenders I got from someone and they fit, but they need fill on the top to match the hood.

·
Registered
311 Posts
i've got an AAR hood and i'm fairly happy with it. I had trouble getting them on the phone too, you can leave a message but i hate talking to answering machines, and i had alot of questions concerning shipping so i just kept calling until i finally got someone on the phone. The hood i bought really didnt need any finishing work, it fit good and could have been scuffed and primed/painted right outta the box. My only complaint was the hood latch didnt quite line up, but i was able to make it work by bending the latch rod thingy a little.

G

·
Hvae you tried unlimited products? Their at up22.com. I plan on trying them. Plus for me they are ony about 1/2 hour away.

G

·
RickSSTruck said:
Hvae you tried unlimited products? Their at up22.com. I plan on trying them. Plus for me they are ony about 1/2 hour away.
do not go there they suck ass.several members agree with me.if you want to p.m. me i will be glad to share my experience with unlimited products with you.go to aar.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts