Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the recomendation for fiberglass fenders for a 68 dart?

·
Registered
828 Posts
68 HEMI GTS said:
What's the recomendation for fiberglass fenders for a 68 dart?
We need a little smiley eating popcorn or something... I'm curious too. I can say that Unlimited fenders are crap.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Ummmm....you both might want to do a subject search. This has been discussed a few times before.

As I recall, though....AAR was on the "good" list, along with a couple others I can't remember at this time. (Yes, Unlimited was on the crap list.)

Roger

·
Registered
29 Posts
AAR makes very nice fenders, they have headlight buckets attached and the side markers are the 69 version, not cut out, just a recessed outline. I just picked mine up today at the trucking terminal for my 68 dart. Also bought their pin on hood with the hemi scoop attached, very happy with the quality, can't say how the fit is until I mount the panels on the body and align them. I'll try and take some pics this weekend.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks, i'd like to know how thoes AARs turn out ;D

·
Registered
364 Posts
Crazy 68 Dart says
I can say that Unlimited fenders are crap
  []{} So are their hoods.. how do these guys stay in business?
  Maynard

·
Registered
96 Posts
I ran an AAR bolt on hood on my 69 dart, man that thing looked awesome and never had a problem with it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mopar addiction thanks for the pic's, did aar put the scoop and the stansions on for you?? by the way the blue looks sharp!! is that what QQ1 suppose to look like? my cars origionally that color but its been long covered up

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
anserwed the scoop installiation question ;Dmyself

·
Registered
29 Posts
68 hemi gts - I had AAR mount the scoop and the stantions, I've read how other people put the stansions on and what they used, I really like the hardware AAR used on my hood. Mounting the scoop was $45.00 extra, but they did a quality job, you can barely see in the pics that they counterbored the hardware over the back hood bracing to get to a solid base.The stansions were a little extra, don't have the price in front of me.
That is suppose to be QQ1, I painted my roadrunner back in 1990 and that is what the paint store mixed up, I took a part off the roadrunner down to the paint store for them to match the paint, the dart is going to be a smaller/quicker clone to the roadrunner. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.