Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing as I'm needing rust repair panels for my car, I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with any of the floor pans that are said to fit the '63-66 a-bodies? I'm considering ordering floor pan repair panels from Layson's (and not the '67-up ones needing "massaging" to fit).

Also, somewhat related to floor pan repairs, the area where the over-the-axle panel overlaps the rear floor pan area is rusted out. The upper layer is fixable with floor patches, but the lower part, I guess I'm stuck fabricating. Has anybody had to repair this area?

Also, where can I buy a 4-speed floor hump that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That might work for what I need. I may be running an A-833 setup for slick shifting and a old Hurst RAM-4 vertical gate shifter, so the hump may need modifying anyhow.

G

·
LAYSON'S.......Whoa!.......That reminds me I STILL haven't received the parts I ordered back in July. I think it's time to cancel the order.

I HOPE YOU ARE NOT IN ANY HURRY.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Hi, I have too agree []{} it takes some time to get stuff from Layson's (nice what I got). Been trying to get rear window molding for my 65 cuda and also taillight bezels,(about 2 years)no luck so far. boom[] **(*)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So, if Layson's isn't the best place to be ordering parts from, then where can I get early A-body floorpans and lower rear quarter patch panels??

I know a lot of soft parts can be had from other places, but with my brother, we have 3 cars that need all the same parts, so I thought I would order all my parts at once and maybe save a little on shipping everything all at the same time. ???

G

·
I don't know if YEAR ONE or THE PADDOCK sell flooor pans or not.

Don't get me wrong, Layson's has quality merchandise (I have bought and received SOME of it) but it just takes so darned long to get it! I ordered some small pieces for my car on 6/22/06 thinking I would have it when I went to the Mopar Nationals Barracuda Tribute/Car Show in August, but I STILL don't have everything I ordered. Each item I didn't have cost me 2 points deduction in the judging.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts