Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right on thanks guys you do have a wealth of knowledge :D now 3 follow ups:

1. one of my spindles has a little corrosion on it, can I buff it with 400/800/1200 grit and assume it;ll be good? or is that going to make too much bearing clearance and give me speed wobble?

2: I have a the M. Cyl from a 74 C but I also have one from a 78/79(?) F with a different pattern,  but the disc swap faq says to use an 73-76 "A" M Cyl. whats the best choice? i'm contemplating buying a A one, because the F would need some fab to put it on, and my "C" m/c isn;t in very good condition. (visually)

3: I have the 8 1/4 rear, can the 8 3/4 rear brakes fit on them? Is all i'd need to do is buy different shafts? (cause i dont mind spending a bit to strenthen up my rear and change to 4x4.5 at the same time) and if I do this, can I use the same shafts for a rear disc swap too? or would I have to buy another set of shafts for that too?

o----o<>

·
Registered
320 Posts
#1 that depends, how bad is the corrosion, is it pitted?

#2 I bought a MC for an 85 5th ave and used one of Bill's 4-2 bolt adapters. It was only $75 new and gives a great pedal feel.

#3 Can't really answer this question excpt I put big bolt 7 1/4 brakes on my 8 3/4 when I did the swap and it all bolted up fine.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1: all corrosion was removed with a scouing pad and 400 grit, but what grit should i use to get a suitable bearing contact surface?

2: right on, where abouts can i find this Bill? :D

·
Registered
320 Posts
nd2stopfastr said:
1: all corrosion was removed with a scouing pad and 400 grit, but what grit should i use to get a suitable bearing contact surface?

2: right on, where abouts can i find this Bill? :D
1: Polish it up with some fine grit (like 1200) sandpaper and it may be alright.

2: I bought mine at A-line Autoparts, it was a new Bendix unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts