Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking around the frame areas...htting with a hammer looking for weak areas. I have some scale that I can vacuum out through some of the drain holes with a little hose. The question is: what can I spray into the framerails to possibly halt or convert the inner rail rust???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
check out ultraoneusa.com. On that website you'll find a slide show where they derust a ford 9" while it is still bolted on the car, they used a bilge pump and hose to circulate their product. This stuff is supposed to be awesome, they guarantee that it won't eat any of the metal just the rust. I am going to use basically the same procedure for my frame rails, I'm going to block off most of the drain holes and circulate ther deruster using a bilge pump. After a thorough rinse I was going to dry the frame rails with compressed air (i have a pressure pot with a long wand). After the frame rails are dry I was thinking of possibly spraying an epoxy primer throughout the frame rails with my pressure pot and wand. That's what my plan is for my frame rails but there's definitely lots of good body guys on this website that may have better ideas. I would be interested in other peoples opinions too cause I'm looking at dealing with the rust and sealing my frame rails as well.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I use Ospho (phosphoric acid). It costs $20 for a gallon at ACE Hardware. Spray it on/in with a spray bottle and let it dry overnight. It turns the rust black and stops oxidation. You can paint right over it. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
HemiDoug said:
I use Ospho (phosphoric acid). It costs $20 for a gallon at ACE Hardware. Spray it on/in with a spray bottle and let it dry overnight. It turns the rust black and stops oxidation. You can paint right over it. :)
[]{}

1 - 6 of 6 Posts