Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of adding an Innovate LC-1 wideband O2 Sensor to my MegaSquirt EFI and after doing a lot of reading about different ground potentials, I added test groun busses to the rear mount battery cable and inside the right front kick panel. I have the main battery cable,fuel pump and two 6 gauge stranded cables (one to the block, the ohter to the kick panel buss) on thr rear buss.

The front buss has ALL of the EFI related grounds and some other misc grounds on it. Hopefully I will not have a great difference in the grounds now.

Here are a couple of photo's.

The rear photo also shows my home made kill switch housing.

Herb   

G

·
I think you'll see a big difference Herb. I did the same thing about 3 years ago and it helped the charging system immensely! Copper conducts 3 times better than steel (or something like that) so it's easy to understand why it works so much better.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I''ve never seen that before. Can you explain the advantages of it??

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
208 Posts
Smart move, Herb. You can not have to good of a ground, especially with electronics. You do have all the ground busses bonded to the battery negative, right?

Roger

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Roger,

Yes, that is what the rear buss is for, a common GOOD ground for all of the Ground Cables in the car.

Herb

·
Registered
208 Posts
Dart67 said:
Roger,
Yes, that is what the rear buss is for, a common GOOD ground for all of the Ground Cables in the car.
Herb
BINGO! Herb knows what he's doing.

(For the benefit of "Mopowers") Most voltage drop, or low voltage problems are usually traced to a poor, or deteriorating ground somewhere on the vehicle. By using good copper bars, and bonding them to the battery negative, the chassis/body, and each other, as well as having the busses accessible, one can almost completely eliminate such problems.
Electronics, (ignitions, delay boxes, efi processers, even stock auto computers), are especially susceptible to low voltage and bad ground problems.

Roger

·
Registered
118 Posts
Great Idea Herb,

I installed some gauges in my Dart last weekend and the Tach is not working correctly. I'm thinking Ground and was planning to improve it.

Looks like the ticket to improve my Ground situation

1 - 10 of 10 Posts