Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if the front dick brake set ups on 73-76 A bodies are all the same.For example are the 6 cylinder cars brakes the same that are on v-8 cars.And are all the bolt patterns for these years 5 on 41/2.And do the 14 inch rims come in 5 by 41/2,to fit over the brake calipers??????????

Thanks,Lance

G

·
yes.....stock S6 cars with disks have the 14" wheels. This is for the 10.87" rotor set up, commonly called 11 inch. The larger 12" (don't know the exact dim)...would require the 15 rims.

G

·
moparguru said:
is the rotors,control arms,spindels and everything the same on 6cyl and v-8 cars
Yes....they are the same parts...v8 or S6.  the torsion bar is larger in V8 cars, due to the weight.  73+ has the larger UCA ball joint that is needed for the disk brakes.  72 and earlier has the small ball joint, usually using 9" drums up front.   stock rim size is 14 with the LBP (5 on 4.5 for 73 and up). 72 and earlier uses the 5 on 4 pattern, with 13" wheels in the case of A bodies. I think 14" were optional.

·
Registered
248 Posts
anybody see that Summit has '73-'76 Dart Cross-Drilled & Slotted Rotors for $70 a pop?

I think I am going to upgrade from the OEM rotors. I think that looks like a good price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.