Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I got my 73 buttoned up well enough to pass the state inspection. But I noticed while driving it when I brake firmly there is a "pop" that occours when the car settles. I checked it out and it's definitely coming from the passenger front side. All the hard parts are new on the car (ball joints, upper control arm bushings, etc.). Now I got new lower control arm bushings with the rebuild kit, but haven't installed them yet. Could this possible be the source of the popping?

Thanks

·
Registered
164 Posts
I would look at the strut rod and the upper cotrol arm eccentrics also double check all the fasteners. Look for any shiny metal that would indicate play on all components. The lower control arm bushing is mostly loaded vertically and is not likely the source of the pop but make sure the nut is tight.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well all the upper control arm bushings are new, and I tightened up the cam bolts before the first drive (when I first heard the pop). I haven't messed with the strut rod bushings at all though, honestly didn't even think about them. I can also get it to make the noise when I bounce the front end myself by hand.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good idea's guys. I'm gonna check them all out as soon as I get a day off. :p If anybody has any other suspects let me know!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts