Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to completely rebuild the front suspension on my 70 Dart.
Just waiting on the kit from P.S.T. to get here. I will be pulling the K-frame
and all. What is the best way to go about getting it completely apart?

Thanks,
Ken

·
Premium Member
3,921 Posts
Start by pulling the torsion bars (loosen the adjusters and pull the retaining clips). A t-bar tool comes in handy here. Remove the spindles and control arms (it's easier to start with just the spindles while the control arms are still atached to the car). Remove the steering linkage and column. Support the engine (if it's still in there) and remove the k-member. Reassemble in the opposite order.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the tool to get the torsion bars out and the socket for the
upper ball joint so that part of the project I hope will go good. But
how do I get the upper control arm bushings out?

·
Registered
459 Posts
If your replacing the torsion bars and if your located anywhere rust is a problem, use a torch to cut the torsion bars in half after releasing the tension, then you dont need the fancy tool and it'll save alot of time...

·
Registered
660 Posts
In my case, I loosened the t-bar adjusters, but did not remove the bars. I unbolted the K member and dropped it slightly, then gave it a yank and it pulled right off the torsion bars. One other thing I learned... Loosen the nut on the lower control arm stud. That will let the torsion bar socket move without fighting the rubber bushing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts