Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
???

I just finished a disk brake conversion on my 63 Dart. I found a good deal on a set of cop wheels 15"x7" with 195/65/15 tires. The looked pretty nice. Only problem is, when the wheels are turned all the way to either side, the barley hit the fender (front side). I "rolled" the last couple of inches of the wheel wellin about 1/4 to 3/8" and got clearance, and it still looks natural. When the wheels are turned all the way now, there's between 1/4 to 3/8" clearance. So hopefully all is well.

The question is: since I'll probably be going pretty slow when I'm turning the wheels that deep, is there any chance of the tires expanding enough to rub?

G

·
Had the same prob on my 66. I wound up using a tire which gave me about 1/4" and it hasn't rubbed since. I have had the car going at least 90-100 and no problem. **(*)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Disc conversion? What disc conversion..............

I run a stocker '73 Valiant disc conversion with big rotors, cop wheels and 225/50/15 tires and have no clearance issues. Why weenie 195/65/15's? Dont you want to turn and stop? ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, it's taken so long to reply.I haven't been on in a while. I'm on a PC all day at work, so I get sick of them sometimes.

I used a disk setup off of a late 80's 5th Avenue, iwth 11" rotors. I've not measured, but I think the offset on the cop
car wheels is 4 1/2". Although it's not re-painted yet( the old paint is white), the black rims with chrome lug nuts really look good. I'm thinking about a red-streak tire. Gonna paint the raised part of the hood black and try to make my '63 look like a "Mini" Wedge.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I had my 7" wheels cut down to a 4" wheel with an 2" back space , I have disc from a 73 duster hers some pics santa3

[attachment deleted by admin]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts