Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK i have a odd problem with my fed light harness on the Demon.

The high beams work but the low beams don't at all !!

I Already got a new Headlight switch and that checks out ok. so then i pulled the connector off th ebulk head and tested it to see if i had a good contact on my part that plugs into my bulb and that is ok.

SO now i turned the headlight switch on to send power to the headlamps, with the low beams on i'm getting about 6volts, when i pu tmy high's on i
m getting about 12volts.

I even tried replacing the Silverstar with anotehr bulb i had but it did the samething and idd not work on the low beam.

I'm at the point where i will just build a new fwd light harness unless any1 could shed some light in this darkness and i mean literally darkness.

o----o<>

·
Registered
126 Posts
I would check the dimmer switch. Ive had a couple do that. Ive never checked voltage, just replaced them. Driving down the road the low beams would flicker, or just shut off.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah mine does that right now! sob why did i not think of it!!! i will look into it thanks!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks man it worked!!!! plus all my lighting is brighter in my car.

What ended up happening was teh 3 connectors that hook into the dimmer switch the little black part that they connect to melted the wires and was not giving me a good contact. I ended up breaking hte switch and then i had to bust out the wire cutters to snip away teh plastic connector just to get to teh wires. i was abel to save them and get it all back together thanks alot for the help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts