Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I fill up at the pump, fuel usually splashes out from the filler neck. I've taken out the breather tube and blown it out with an air hose, but that hasn't changed anything. Should I put in a larger breather tube, or replace the neck with an unleaded, newer type. I've been told that the filler neck should be re-angled, or it could be corrosion of the gas tank. I'm hoping this is common, and their is a uniform fix. My car is a '64 Dart GT.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know it happens to Mustangs and Falcons a lot. On Overhauling, they did up a Falcon and changed the filler neck around, but I personally never saw the episode. There must be some legitimate fix?

·
Registered
54 Posts
My 65 dart does the same thing,don't know how to fix it, be interested in a fix though. I just try to stop before the pump kicks off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
All 3 of my Barracudas do this if I try to top off. So when thr pump stops at slowest speed, I hang up the nozzle without addint that last couple of ounces. . M

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unless someone chimes in with good fix, I'll do my best to solve the problem and get back to you guys. I'm trying to finish the car by the end of March, including paint, and I don't want gasoline spurting out onto my new paint job.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found out that Layson's actually sells a kit for this problem in particular. Once I finish my engine and compartment, I'm going to order this kit and provide you the results. I'm going to try and copy the kit to solve the same problem with my '63 Falcon.

FIXTHAT QUARTER PANEL FUEL SPILLAGE!!! Here we have converted filler tubes for 1963-66 A-Body Mopars (Darts, Barracudas, Valiants) that will eliminate that fuel spillage on the newly painted quarter panel. Our conversions include original filler tubes that have been converted internally, so that you keep that stock look, new filler tube tool and a new filler tube to body gasket. Road tested for over 18 months on various A-Body models, and up to 70mph on highway onramp cloverleafs.

Part # Description Price Qty.
RN-636AFTC Filler Tube Conversion. Add Core Charge
63-66 A-Body $179.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ Laysons.com Home Page ]
Contents of laysons.com and Layson's Restorations copyright 2002

1 - 8 of 8 Posts