Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here in SoCal the prices of preminum is approaching $3.00 per gallon for preminum. Do you think this is a Holiday bump or the high prices are here to stay?

G

·
Definitely a holiday bump.....funny but I keep hearing how crude oil prices are dropping due to the warm winter but it's not affecting the price of gas. They are gouging all the snowbirds here in Florida, too. Too bad the locals suffer just the same...funny but you also don't hear any talk of the 'big' oil find in the Gulf of Mexico that was talked about, conveniently, right before the November election....I hope I live long enough to see the day when we are done using oil and all the OPEC countries have nothing further to gouge us with. bbat

·
Registered
759 Posts
The dip in oil rpices in October/ November had nothing to do with the election. It was caused by the end of the Hurricane season and the fact that we didn't have any in 2006. The Oil companies stocked up expecting big storms and Gulf of Mexico drilling platform shutdowns. When neither ocurred, there was a momentary oil glut. Hence prices came down...

OTOH, during the holiday season, the oil companies know that people have to travel (planes, trains and automobiles)...so they hike up the prices.

Oil is a commodity. It's ruled by supply and demand. It's that simple.

·
Registered
704 Posts
nope, gas prices havnt changed in 2 months here, bout $2.30- a bunch of gas stations here got a huge fine for raising the prices when Katrina hit, even though it had no effect on them

·
Registered
724 Posts
Every time i travel I see prices 30 cents less than socal. In SD the prices are always about 10 cents less than LA. They say the only reason is that people here will pay it.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Here in detroit area we're paying 2.13 for regular (saw 2.08 on friday) and about 2.30 for premium(93 octane). Gee for once we're in the cheaper area.

·
Registered
792 Posts
[]{} That's 'bout where we're at, too. Have been for a long time.

·
Registered
704 Posts
yea 2.30 here in ill and ive seen it in georgia at 2.00 when it was 2.90 here

·
Registered
47 Posts
You guys have it good, up here in Edmonton we are paying 0.90 cents per liter or about $3.41 per gallon. o[ Thats for regular. I can't wait to be driving to Vegas in a few months to briefly enjoy lower gas prices. ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a company car with a gas card and my wife too has a gas card for her car. The last time I had to buy gas (aside from lawnmower/weedwacker gas) was when my Dart was last running - September 2005.

God I can't wait to buy gas again!! and I don't give a crap how much it costs ;D

·
Registered
161 Posts
During the New Years weekend the local gas prices were about $2.08, when we had to go back to work on the second I filled up in the morning, went in to work and when I emerged from my hole it was back up to around $2.30...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts