Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I am finally ready to get a new gas tank. Someone here said they got thiers from gastanks.com. Anyone else try one? Also I need all new tank float assembly. If I am getting a new tank then I might as well get everything new. Where is the best place to get them? I already have new straps and I am getting the filler tube powder coated because it will look so much better and be more durable.

Also, what paint sould I use on the tank?

Thanks BBD

·
Registered
792 Posts
The tanks come coated with some sort of rust preventative goo. Once that's cleaned off I'd consider using Herculiner or something similar.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have some of Eastwoods rust encapsulator. Its the same as POR 15. Think that will be OK?

·
Registered
20 Posts
ive seen them on ebay, but never won the auction. tried to get them cheap but they do go pretty high. Is gastanks.com the place to go? I had also heard that you never want to undercoat a gas tank some type of explosion deal. Plus if you get a leak, it will all start to run off since they are oil based (tar).

·
Registered
345 Posts
Paint it. I used Eastwood's Tank Tone. Perfect color plus a rust inhibitor. Don't forget to use roofing felt in between the tank and trunk bottom.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DustBuster said:
Paint it. I used Eastwood's Tank Tone. Perfect color plus a rust inhibitor. Don't forget to use roofing felt in between the tank and trunk bottom.
DA WINNNAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds good to me. I'll have to order some.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts