Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can both the front and rear windshields be purchased new? For a 68 Dart...

Thanks! santa3

·
Registered
724 Posts
I'm pretty positive the front can. There's an outfit in Wisconsin that is selling new windshields on ebay all the time.

·
Registered
364 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jim_Lusk said:
I just had the one for my 67 Barracuda replaced a few months back.
The rear? I think the front can be had without a whole lot of effort, it is the rear that worries me... Thanks guys.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Best I can find is [email protected] had no luck trying the web address dead end.. but I have talked to these people in the past.. give them a call ..worth a try i think.
Maynard

·
Registered
266 Posts
Crazy68Dart,
I just found this link for safelite auto glass, and put in the year make and model of your Dart, and they have the rear glass, and I do believe it is nation wide, BUT the glass for the rear window is goung to cost a whopping  :eek: $905.00 plus a 6% christmas discount to bring it down to 844.99 not including tax.
The front glass would be $493.68 and with the season discount at 61% it drops it down to $189.05 not including tax. It also goes on to say you may need additional parts of 102.36 for the rubber seal. Keep in mind I had to use my zip code for location so yours may be different.

Heres the link
https://www.safelite.com/sslPages/service.jsp#PART_TYPE_ANCHOR

I would call around to some local shops in your area for your rear window, like I did with my front windsheild on my Dart it cost about $280.00 with seal from a place out here called Discount Auto Glass, I guess there is not much difference in price for the front glass and seal.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I really appreciate you looking into this for me. I knew that rear window was going to be a small fortune... damn. I am going to do some calling around and see what I can come up with. Appreciate all the help guys.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just to give you a heads-up, I worked for Safelite for a loong time, they can get the windshield (I got one for a friend's 69 cuda) but not the back glass. It'll say they can online but it's unavailable. We got all that old stuff from Pilkington Classics (formerly PPG). The moldings are also unavailable, like the gaskets if it's gasket set, from Safelite though they'll tell you they can order them. Best place to look for anything would be Auto City Classics http://www.autocityclassic.com/Scripts/default.asp, they set up at all the shows (like Mopars Carlisle), are reasonable, and have lots of hard-to-find parts. And if you're not installing it yourself and you go with somewhere like Safelite or Diamond, make sure you take the car to the shop and do NOT opt for mobile service (trust me on this one!!!!)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Crazy68Dart. Your box if full. There is a guy giving a '69 Swinger away in Pennsylvania and it has good back glass. Your profile doesn't show your location.

Tom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts