Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for reccomendations for where to get a 12pt cage installed - also want to know where NOT to go....

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fasttcars said:
don't go to the one armed blind man down by the peer...that welds with a soldering gun ;)
Damn, I just got a quote from him to. fullmoon

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just got mine out of the shop a couple weeks ago. Fast Eddy's Race Car Fabrication in Orange is good. They did a 14 point cromo cage, as well as a bunch of other stuff for me. I am very pleased with them and am comfortable recommending them highly. As I recall you live in G.G., so it's just down the road from you. They're on Glassel between Ball and Katella. They're not cheap and they only do cromo cages (no mild steel), but Eddy and his guys are very, very good at what they do. Here's his link : http://www.fasteddiesracecars.com/index.html

If you call, you'll probably speak with Rob first, tell him Steve with the blue '69 Dart told you to call. They know me well. They had my car for 5 weeks and I work 2 miles from their shop, so I was down there almost every day.

It's definitely worth at least paying them a visit and checking out what they do. You will likely have to wait to get your car in however. I waited almost 3 months.

Good luck,

Steve

·
Registered
994 Posts
HB69DART said:
I just got mine out of the shop a couple weeks ago. Fast Eddy's Race Car Fabrication in Orange is good. They did a 14 point cromo cage, as well as a bunch of other stuff for me. I am very pleased with them and am comfortable recommending them highly. As I recall you live in G.G., so it's just down the road from you. They're on Glassel between Ball and Katella. They're not cheap and they only do cromo cages (no mild steel), but Eddy and his guys are very, very good at what they do. Here's his link : http://www.fasteddiesracecars.com/index.html 

If you call, you'll probably speak with Rob first, tell him Steve with the blue '69 Dart told you to call.  They know me well. They had my car for 5 weeks and I work 2 miles from their shop, so I was down there almost every day.

It's definitely worth at least paying them a visit and checking out what they do.  You  will likely have to wait to get your car in however. I waited almost 3 months.

Good luck,

Steve
i'd like to see a biiger pic of your engine compartement...

·
Registered
57 Posts
fasttcars said:
looks good i like it....i'm building an engine with the same block......just curious not like it matter's are you polishing the other head......and are you gona run a mid plate?
Yeh, I'm going to do the other head, but I didn't have time to get to it before I had to get the mocked-up motor over to Fast Eddy's shop. I will get back at it again soon. Yeh, I've got a mid-plate, it's one of a long list of things I had done in the shop.

BTW, Magnumforce is up in the SF Bay Area, so not really a viable option anyway for someone in socal needing a cage

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
fasttcars said:
did he tell you he'd do it for  a brail instruction booklet.....on how to get metal to stick together....with things you find around the house
I was going to have them do a cage out of JB weld and some lead left over from my uncles stained glass shop. That should pass tech, right :)

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
HB69DART said:

If you call, you'll probably speak with Rob first, tell him Steve with the blue '69 Dart told you to call.  They know me well. They had my car for 5 weeks and I work 2 miles from their shop, so I was down there almost every day.

It's definitely worth at least paying them a visit and checking out what they do.  You  will likely have to wait to get your car in however. I waited almost 3 months.

Good luck,

Steve
Thanks a bunch...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.