Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I got it all set now, but my go with a little taller tire in the back later. What you guys think of it so far?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Got All My Suspension On And Set The Ride Height

fourspeed said:
Nice stance. How about some pics of your work - particularly the anti-swaybar mounts?

Mark
Thanks Mark. I've been meaning to get you some pics of that and keep forgetting every time I have the front-end up in the air. If it's not raining tomorrow I'll get some and post them.

The next set is getting the mounts and taps made-up and welded in for the rear sway bar. Then relocating the upper shock mounts to get the rear shocks to stand up straighter.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts

are you going to be able to turn the wheel with the fronts tuckin like that? it looks really cool, but will it work? are you going to leave the camber set  like that? is it a big block car? didnt you have conquest wheels on this car? i like those bullit wheels, i bought a ranger the year they came out with those wheels, as i was leaving the lot i saw them on a mustang and instantly thought, i wonder how those will fit on the dart?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

jamesdart said:
are you going to be able to turn the wheel with the fronts tuckin like that? it looks really cool, but will it work? are you going to leave the camber set  like that? is it a big block car? didnt you have conquest wheels on this car? i like those bullit wheels, i bought a ranger the year they came out with those wheels, as i was leaving the lot i saw them on a mustang and instantly thought, i wonder how those will fit on the dart?
Actually the wheels have good clearance lock to lock even with the camber all the way out. It's not even close to being aligned right now. The suspension is so tight that with my 200+ lbs on the fender it only drops about a 1/2". It's a small block car. I was going to go with the Conquest wheels, but with the lack of tire sizes these days in 16 I'm now on plan C. (plan A was 15 cop-car wheels)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Here's a pic of the sway bar link and mounts I made-up and one of the tire clearance to the fender with the wheel turned.

·
Registered
450 Posts

Brent, I will be in Sac on the 22nd. If you plan on being home in the afternoon,I would like to get a closer look at that and also the outer rear wheel housings.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

At this point I have no clue as to my day that far ahead, but give me a call that morning and I should be able to be here.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Sweet. I am really getting the itch to chop the roof on a 67-9 Dart or Valiant... I think it would look pretty sweet, especially with this stance.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
blackbetty said:
what springs are you using in the rear?
The springs are from a 340 Duster. The front spring hanger have been flipped over and the rear has the slider type shakles.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts