Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my new seats in the mail. they are gonna look real nice in the car. these are set up for 5 point harnesses too.
just have to fab up some brakets to mount them.if I get a couple of good daysin the next couple of weeks I can get her drivable ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it did take a little while to get them, I ordered them nov 27th and they were at my house dec 27th. I am planning on fabbing up some mounting brackets this week and will post some pics when I get them in the car.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
by chance do any of you all have any pics of brackets that have been fabbed up for mounting aftermarket seats?

I put 1 of them in tha car today to get an idea of how to mount them. I think I'm gonna use some of the 2x3 box tubing left over from making the frame conectors to fab my mounts, but I'd still like to see what others have done.

Smitty

·
Registered
459 Posts
I used 1x1 with plates on each end, send me an email if you want pics....

Ryan

·
Registered
828 Posts
Here are mine.  Seats look very similar to yours, they are from Summit.  Anway, check out the pic with my bracket adapters.  A little overkill, but they work...  I can try to dig up some better pics of them if you like.

I tried a few different configurations (hence the extra holes) but what you see there is the final product. These seats are wide with the bolstering, so if you are planning a cage, consider this. I had to really make sure mine were positioned correctly, mocking the cage around them to make sure everything cleared, and it just barely does (see my other post... ugh). I am also running a 4-speed, so I needed to watch the floor hump too. All in all, they look nice in the car, but I spent way more time on them then I would have liked...

·
Registered
95 Posts
I found a set of them on the local craigslist for 1/2 that price, the guy got them and sold the car they were for...Mine are black cloth, so they should not be as hot in the rag top. Plus, I'm removing the black plastic racing seats,so my back should last a little longer when driving. I just haven't figured out how to bolt/ brace this seat to the rollbar crossbar. as per the rules .....

SIKPUP ;D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts